Mafia Discussion

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mafia Discussion

Post by npromin1 on Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:12 pm

Like you don't know what roles there are, but the game is balanced.

Should I try making a side-game like that, or something else as a side-game?

npromin1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny™ on Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:00 am

@npromin1 wrote:Like you don't know what roles there are, but the game is balanced.

Should I try making a side-game like that, or something else as a side-game?

That would be pretty confusing, since nobody would know what kind of roles are actually in the game.
Danny™

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MECHDRAGON777 on Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:08 am

@npromin1 wrote:
KarenErraZC wrote:How about no

How about a game that is actually balanced, but there is no list of roles to go off of?

You mean a mystery game? I am up for another one of those, even if I plan on hosting one.
MECHDRAGON777

View user profile http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/

Back to top Go down

Post by PixelPest on Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:52 pm

Okay. I'm not sure what to do here. I forgot that I was going camping for a few days this week and the current Mafia game is in progress. Is it okay at this point for me to be inactive for two maybe three phases max if I can't get wi-fi at the park office?
PixelPest
Operator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny™ on Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:05 pm

@PixelPest wrote:Okay. I'm not sure what to do here. I forgot that I was going camping for a few days this week and the current Mafia game is in progress. Is it okay at this point for me to be inactive for two maybe three phases max if I can't get wi-fi at the park office?

That should be fine.
Danny™

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueoak on Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:37 pm

why the fug do everyone gotta kill me
Blueoak
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Perfect Cell on Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:10 pm

i dunno thats stupid
Perfect Cell
Surpassing All

View user profile http://mafiastation.userboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post by PixelPest on Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:49 pm

Maybe because you're amount of experience appears to be a threat. It seems that Zeldamaster12 frequently gets killed N1 on SMBX forums. Also I'm back...and dead
PixelPest
Operator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MECHDRAGON777 on Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:53 pm

@PixelPest wrote:Maybe because you're amount of experience appears to be a threat. It seems that Zeldamaster12 frequently gets killed N1 on SMBX forums. Also I'm back...and dead
You know what killed you, right?
MECHDRAGON777

Back to top Go down

Post by PixelPest on Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:24 am

@MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
@PixelPest wrote:Maybe because you're amount of experience appears to be a threat. It seems that Zeldamaster12 frequently gets killed N1 on SMBX forums. Also I'm back...and dead
You know what killed you, right?
Yes. I got Lynched
PixelPest
Operator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Supershroom on Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:29 am

Probably ZM and Pseudo need more doctor protection if they don't receive nightkill immunity roles
Supershroom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoshibrothers on Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:43 am

"Meanwhile, as he was drinking at the local tavern, Yoshibrothers stumbled out in the middle of the night and was pulled into an alley to be beat up by somebody!"

Some say that Yoshibrothers survived that day, but gave up on everything and went home to have dinner with his wife for the first time in 15 years.
Yoshibrothers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Perfect Cell on Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:49 am

or just join the side game
Perfect Cell
Surpassing All

Back to top Go down

Post by MECHDRAGON777 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:19 pm

First time I died night 1! How did the Mafia know I was a blue!?
MECHDRAGON777

Back to top Go down

Post by Perfect Cell on Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:48 pm

chance.

tis like when i killed all the blues in m30 on smbx
Perfect Cell
Surpassing All

Back to top Go down

Post by MECHDRAGON777 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:27 pm

HeroOfRhyme wrote:chance.

tis like when i killed all the blues in m30 on smbx

I was getting at me being killed night 1 for the firat time...
MECHDRAGON777

Back to top Go down

Post by MECHDRAGON777 on Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:42 am

@npromin1 wrote:The town was confused. Nobody knew what was going on, or if there was anyone they could trust. The townies went to bad last night, hoping that nothing bad would happen. However, a gunshot was heard in the middle of the night. The next morning, everyone rushed to the town square to see Mechdragon777 lying unconscious, clearly dead. The town decided to conduct a public investigation and trial, and if anyone received 5 votes against them, they would be executed instantly. If 5 votes couldn't be reached by the end of the day, then the person with the most votes on them would be lynched.

IT IS NOW DAY 1!

DAY 1 WILL END 24 HOURS FROM THIS POST!

Umm, typically when a player dies in a Mafia game and their color is revealed, their name is scratched out in the color they were revealed in. (Since this is color flip and not role flip).
MECHDRAGON777

Back to top Go down

Post by MosaicMario on Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:08 pm

I want to fucking kill myself, wait, I was already dead.

You have no idea how much it fucking pisses me off that I already died, I thought id finally get an experience of what its like to be third party, but then I'm the FIRST one to die, it feels unfair that whenever I'm third party, I always end up not even getting a chance to experience it. I feel really devasted that I have been third party TWICE and never got a chance to experience it, I wish I never said to suggest holding off on a lynch, I always get the short end of the stick, when ever I get a cool role, I die on like night or day 1. When I'm a townsperson, I always survive until like Day 6 or something, every mafia game I play except for 2, I always die, the fact that this upsets, me so much is making me start to think that maybe mafia isn't my kind of game if it's causing me emotional stress. I hope someone understands why this pisses me off, along with the fact that everyone's celebrating, which makes it feel like I'm getting the salt rubbed in. Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad
MosaicMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeldamaster12 on Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:13 pm

It's a game dude, don't get so emotional about it. I die all the time early on, but you don't see me raging about it. If it's really stressing you out, then take a break from Mafia and come back to it when you're ready to play.
Zeldamaster12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Perfect Cell on Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:52 pm

I actually believe his case thought ZM, since most of the time when you die early youre just a townie, and you dont die when youre mafia.

I think that everyone should change it up a little. Someone has to die night one of course but could you guys please change it up a little. I can understand MosaicMario's frustration since most of the time hes died lately has all been bullshit halfassed leads.

So please, stop killing the same people early so they can actually play the game!
Perfect Cell
Surpassing All

Back to top Go down

Post by Spinda on Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:56 pm

Well I mean yeah N1 Meta Kills are dumb and there's ways to prevent those but starting D1 there's almost always leads going into stuff. Of course one may just get unlucky but I don't think those lynches are intentional as often as you're making them out to be.
Spinda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Perfect Cell on Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:00 pm

Im aware that anyone could be any role, but its basically the same thing like with qig for example when they just killed him every time night 1, I honestly believe that as lucky as kills can be on these people they should still get a chance to experience their role.

Im not saying they are intentional at all, Im just saying most of the time its just cause a certain person is skilled.
Perfect Cell
Surpassing All

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeldamaster12 on Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:05 pm

It doesn't matter what role I am when I die early, that's not the point. I understand that it sucks dying early but it's all part of the game. It happens, sometimes a lot. However, if you still want to play Mafia, you're just gonna have to suck it up sometimes.

Additionally, isn't it beneficial for the Mafia to kill good players? Good players are the biggest threat to them so why wouldn't they want to get rid of the good players as soon as possible?

Last edited by Zeldamaster12 on Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zeldamaster12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spinda on Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:06 pm

But I mean he died Day 1 so like

I'm pretty sure that wasn't out of personal reasons or anything

If you really don't want Meta kills N1 to happen then just implement systems against that.
Spinda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PixelPest on Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:40 pm

It's just part of the game imo. If you find it devastatingly painful, my personal thought is that you're not mature enough to handle this game and should maybe wait a bit and try it again another time. I have actually never leaved to the end of a game I think and know for sure that even after playing around 12 games I haven't won any, but I just don't worry about it since it really is just a game
PixelPest
Operator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MosaicMario on Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:07 pm

I have been starting to think mafia isn't the kind of game for me lately, but I just wanted to express that both times I've been TP, I end up getting the short end of the stick in someway or another, I just feels kind of agonizing what happened to me and then people are happy about it because I was third party, I do agree with the fact that you shouldn't always kill the same people early on because you basically never let them play, its almost like your kicking them out of the game in that way.
MosaicMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Perfect Cell on Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:08 pm

I normally always live til the end and I dont know why. But Spinda gave me a good system to put in place
Perfect Cell
Surpassing All

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeldamaster12 on Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:41 pm

@MosaicMario wrote:I have been starting to think mafia isn't the kind of game for me lately, but I just wanted to express that both times I've been TP, I end up getting the short end of the stick in someway or another, I just feels kind of agonizing what happened to me and then people are happy about it because I was third party, I do agree with the fact that you shouldn't always kill the same people early on because you basically never let them play, its almost like your kicking them out of the game in that way.
They're happy because the TP is eliminated, not because you died. Trust me, nobody has a vendetta against you and nobody is out to get you. Luck just isn't on your side sometimes.
Zeldamaster12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PixelPest on Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:48 pm

HeroOfRhyme wrote:I normally always live til the end and I dont know why. But Spinda gave me a good system to put in place
What system is that? Does it have to do with a random Nightkill mechanic for killing abilities unless you have relevant proof as to why a person is worth killing?
PixelPest
Operator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Perfect Cell on Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:05 pm

No, assign everyone a number for night 1 and let the mafia choose a random number from 1-X and then it would be unbias since they dont know who is who except themselves.
Perfect Cell
Surpassing All

Back to top Go down

Post by MosaicMario on Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:06 pm

@Zeldamaster12 wrote:
@MosaicMario wrote:I have been starting to think mafia isn't the kind of game for me lately, but I just wanted to express that both times I've been TP, I end up getting the short end of the stick in someway or another, I just feels kind of agonizing what happened to me and then people are happy about it because I was third party, I do agree with the fact that you shouldn't always kill the same people early on because you basically never let them play, its almost like your kicking them out of the game in that way.
They're happy because the TP is eliminated, not because you died. Trust me, nobody has a vendetta against you and nobody is out to get you. Luck just isn't on your side sometimes.

I know that's why, but it feels like luck is NEVER on my side. Despite what everyone has said, this doesn't change the fact that I want to throw a chair in frustration.
MosaicMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top